The fine folks over at Reason celebrated earlier today the release of a new Whedon-penned and produced feature called In Your Eyes. The film, which flew under the radar until now, had two premieres: one, at last weekend’s Tribeca Film Festival, and the other online. If this is the future of filmmaking–i.e., awesome storytellers who plop $5 movies into our lap, and expose us to new directors, without us having to ask–then count me in. ]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read