recording broadcasted by TMZ, has encountered a [caption id="attachment_1014" align="alignleft" width="184"] Donald Sterling[/caption] lifetime ban from the NBA, as well as a $2.5 million dollar fine. NBA commissioner Adam Silver has sent a message that there is no room for this kind of racism in the league. It is a victory, yes, but the weight of these comments still stings. I’m just happy to call this a bright new day for the NBA, after what has been a truly tragic week. To continue an optimistic day for basketball, my hometown Washington Wizards defeated the Chicago Bulls to advance to the second round. Just an added plus to a basketball fan who has seen better days. Comissioner Silver indicated that he will also encourage the board to force the Clippers to be sold out of Sterling’s hands. We can only hope that the motion goes through, and that the power of bigotry can be squashed by tolerance and justice.]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read