Landon Donovan was left of the US 23-man roster[/caption] The United States national team has announced its 23 man roster, a roster that is somewhat controversially lacking the decade-long face of US soccer, Landon Donovan. Squad coach, Jurgen Klinsmann, elected not to include Donovan on the national roster for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. It’s strange to imagine the national team without its captain, but we’ll get a look at the team tonight in a friendly against Azerbaijan. Perhaps after tonight we’ll better understand Klinsmann’s decision. Regardless, the US has a tough draw, with a group that includes all strong teams: Ghana, Portugal, and Germany. There will certainly be controversy if the team doesn’t perform, but as many have said, the coach must have seen an advantage in cutting Donovan. Tonight’s match is on ESPN. Check in to get a look at this year’s squad. UPDATE: The United States defeated Azerbaijan 2-0. Goals were scored by second half substitutes Mix Diskerud and Aron Johannsson.]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read