Ra Ra Riot[/caption] Formed in Syracuse, New York, Ra Ra Riot features an upbeat dance-pop feel with several unexpected ingredients. Lead singer Wes Miles has elements reminiscent of Phoenix‘s Thomas Mars, while the band demonstrates surprising musicality for their fairly mainstream sound, and bouncy electronic tracks are matched with live strings in an interesting compliment. And while they’ve been at it awhile, fans of Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, and Broken Bells will find a fresh face in Ra Ra Riot’s mixture of youth and musical maturity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRo7Ed4yfvo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGfQCOyCCA If you think you have a band that should be featured on Best Band, contact us and tell us why!]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read