dale[/caption] It’s been less than two years since the 5-person rock band dale was formed, and they’ve already begun to make a splash in the Los Angeles area. Formed on the campus of the University of Southern California, dale combines some hard rock roots with superb hooks and a conservatory education; a formula that churns out good tune after good tune. Your chance to say “I knew them when” may be running out quickly, so take the time to listen through these young guys’ electric stuff. Fans of Neon Trees and Jack White can find where the two meet when they take a shot at dale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPSlrJOtE4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eLS8IhSpU If you think you have a band that should be featured on Best Band, contact us and tell us why!]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read