The Rear View podcast, I sit down with director Matthew Szewczyk to discuss one of his favorite films as a filmmaker, writer/director Tony Gilroy’s 2007 film, Michael Clayton. Starring George Clooney, the film was billed as a corporate scandal story of the institution versus the individual, however the central theme of the film is about a person trying to figure out their own identity. George Clooney delivers a very nuanced performance among some other fine powerhouse performances from Tilda Swinton and Tom Wilkinson. Matthew Szewczyk is also an alumus of the Taliesin Nexus Filmmaker Workshop.]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read