We Like LA was published last week. As an LA native and frequent traveller of the 110 freeway through downtown Los Angeles, I was absolutely fist pumping with joy when I came across this story. What’s even more fantastic is that this public service, done by a local artist who wanted to help his fellow citizens, was captured all on video in an equally satisfying 10 min film. Unfortunately, the post-script to this story was happened 8 years later in 2009, when the whole sign was replaced during an update. [embedyt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clgl63CWOkM[/embedyt]]]>
- Chinatown – Dissecting the ScreenplayIn Featured Story, Nonfiction, ReadIn what a lesser film would treat as a forgettably functional, utilitarian scene in service of the next story beat, Towne infuses with situational humor, interpersonal politics, colorful character beats and mundane yet identifiable and immediately relatable stakes--on top of a stirring cornerstone revelation.
- The Valley by Alfred SearlsIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Prayer Therapy by Marisa WhitneyIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- An Amazon’s Tale, Part Three by Dick YaegerIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read
- Anomaly, Part Three by Jennifer MilneIn Fiction, Issue No 5, Read